Hot Stamping Dies
Illinois Engraving provides Hot Stamping Dies reproduced from artwork, drawings or instruct, in a variety of materials.
HOT STAMPING DIES
- For marking plastics and soft materials through foil.
- Engraved and fitted to match flat, curved or odd shape surfaces.
- We are equipped to provide fixturing for your press if required.
- Dies can be mounted on aluminum backing plates for additional height requirements.
- Dies made with cavity pockets can accommodate individual inserts or type for marking part numbers or logos.
HOT STAMPING DIE MATERIAL OPTIONS
- Tool steel material that is machined, engraved, hardened and ground.
- Appropriate for long running applications.
- Although the most expensive alternative, it would pay for itself with reduced downtime.
- Can be engraved to fit contoured parts.
- Machine engraved.
- Similar properties to steel except about 25% less expensive.
- Better heat transfer than steel but not nearly as durable.
- Photo etched from artwork.
- Good application for ornate graphics since the etching process is faster than mechanical engraving.
- Heat transfer similar to brass.
- Durability similar to brass.
- A limiting factor is that they can only be etched .040" deep, although open areas can be machined deeper.
- Photo etched like copper.
- Magnesium dies will transfer heat as well as copper or brass.
- It is the least expensive die material, but also the least durable metal.
Three thicknesses of magnesium are available.
- 1/4" thick (.250" thick with .080" - .125" etched relief)
- 11 point (.156" thick with .060" - .080" etched relief)
- 16 gauge (.062" thick with .035" - .045" etched relief